KINGSTON THUNDER SCHOLARSHIP 2023
Congratulations to Evan Bennett. Evan is the recipient of a Kingston Thunder scholarship for 2023.
This season was Evan's 16th and final season playing for Thunder. For the last 5 seasons Evan has been involved with the Thunder Timbits division. Evan has been involved in the distribution of Timbits jerseys and year end prizes. Every session Evan is there to setup and clean up the equipment. Evan plans and delivers the weekly practice plans for the Timbits division. Evan says "Over these 5 years with Timbits I have also worked alongside many other great people who have helped support me in coaching my skills with the kids every week and made everything run so much smoother".
Evan is in Bachelor of Education at Queens University.
Thunder congratulates Evan on his long playing career with Thunder and thanks Evan for all the time he has given back to Thunder and the Timbits division.
Thunder wishes Evan all the best in this school year and the future.
KINGSTON THUNDER SCHOLARSHIP 2022
Congratulations to Liam Whalen. Liam is the recipient of a Kingston Thunder scholarship for 2022.
Liam has been a member of Kingston Thunder for 12 years as a player, umpire and volunteer.
Liam will be studying Biochemistry at Guelph University.
Thunder wishes Liam all the best in his coming school year.
KINGSTON THUNDER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Each year, KINGSTON THUNDER wishes to support players in their pursuit of postsecondary education by granting scholarships to eligible KINGSTON THUNDER Baseball participants. Up to THREE scholarships will be awarded in recognition of outstanding commitment to community service, athletics, and academic excellence. These scholarships reflect the achievements of young Baseball players who are committed to their community, athletics, and academic achievement. The purpose of the scholarships is to help the students offset the high costs associated with continuing their post-secondary education.
Each approved recipient will receive $500.00 towards their post-secondary education. Scholarship amounts are subject to change depending on available funds.
All participants in the KINGSTON THUNDER Baseball shall be eligible for the scholarships subject to the conditions below:
- The applicant shall be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- The applicant shall have participated in the KINGSTON THUNDER BASEBALL for at least 3 years.
- The applicant shall attend a post-secondary institution in the upcoming year.
- The applicant shall be active in their community.
- Applicants are eligible to receive the scholarship only once.
The scholarships are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Good citizenship;
- Demonstrated leadership and volunteerism in the community and;
- Dedication to the values of the Kingston Thunder Baseball Association.
- The deadline for applying for a KINGSTON THUNDER BASEBALL Scholarship is August 30th, in each year. Awardees will be invited to receive their award at the KINGSTON THUNDER BASEBALL General Meeting – date yet TBD, or if unable to attend the Award will be presented by the Association directly.
Applications can be submitted at Woodbine to Jen Smith or Carol Steele or
email the completed application to: email@example.com
Candidates must complete and submit following:
- Upon receiving the application, the KINGSTON THUNDER BASEBALL will contact the applicant by either mail or email acknowledging the receipt of the application package.
- Each application will be reviewed by members of the Board of Directors (Scholarship Committee). The successful applicant(s) will be advised of the outcome of his/her application
- Scholarship monies awarded will be in the form of a cheque in the third (3rd) week of September.
View - > The Application Form
Email Us - firstname.lastname@example.org